The best menstrual cup offers more comfortable, sustainable and long-lasting period protection than tampons. But what exactly is a menstrual cup, and how do you choose the best period cup for your body and flow? Made from 100% medical-grade silicone, Casco Cup the best menstrual cup for leak-free comfort and up to 12 hours of use. Designed by a female engineer, Casco Cup was crafted so that you can focus on life beyond your period.
What Is a Menstrual Cup? Beginners' Guide
Meet the future of period protection: Unlike pads and tampons, the best menstrual cup does not absorb your flow against your vaginal walls, which can cause discomfort or dryness. Instead, it's designed to collect your period healthily and safely.
What Is a Menstrual Cup? 6 Quick Facts
- It's designed to collect your period flow. This means that it can be used again and again. Plus, you're not putting the chemicals used to make cotton more absorbent in the most sensitive region of your body.
- It can offer up to 12 hours of leak-free protection. That's over 6 hours more than the maximum amount of time you can use a tampon for (though let's face it: most of us go through tampons every few hours).
- The best menstrual cup is made from 100% medical-grade silicone. That means a guarantee that it doesn't contain BPA, latex, plastics, pesticides, or other contaminants.
- High-quality feminine products are better for your health and your wallet. In other words, some less than legitimate companies market non-silicone products as 100% medical-grade silicone. The best menstrual cup is open about its manufacturing processes.
- Premium products are guaranteed to last 10 years or longer.
- They will not disrupt vaginal pH or cause dryness or discomfort. 100% medical-grade silicone products are safe to use, according to research.
The Best Menstrual Cup: What Sets Casco Cup Apart?
Casco Cup is a high-quality feminine product carefully crafted to work with a woman's body for healthy period management. It won't disrupt vaginal pH and offers maximum comfort. Seriously, you will not feel the Casco Cup while wearing it.
Our design is FDA-registered and made from 100% medical-grade silicone. More technically, this means that the Food and Drug Administration came in to survey our processes and determined that they're safe and effective.
How does this help you someone with your period? It guarantees that Casco Cup is 100% plastic, latex, and BPA free. No mystery ingredients or sketchy production facilities in far-away places.
Made in the USA
Our products are designed by women and manufactured exclusively in Sanford, Maine. We produce 100% of our menstrual cups and have complete control over our quality control processes. We're also paying people a fair wage and reducing our carbon footprint by not shipping from overseas.
The Best Menstrual Cup Is Available in Three Sizes
Everyone's body and flow are different. That's why we offer our menstrual cup in three unique sizes for menstruators of all ages, cervix heights, and period flows. We highly recommend that you check out our menstrual cup quiz if you're not sure which size is best for you. Here's a little about our three models to get you started:
- Mini: The smallest Casco Cup size, the Mini is great for younger women, women with low cervixes and people who have not given birth. If you're brand-new to menstrual cups, we recommend you start with the Mini. It's the smallest size which can make insertion easy.
- Size 1: Our medium size, the Casco Cup Size 1 is the perfect size for a lot of people. We recommend it to women who are in their 20s, have a medium height cervix, and women who haven't given birth. This is a great size for those who want more capacity than a Mini but want a smaller size than the Size 2.
- Size 2: The largest Casco Cup size, Size 2 offers the greatest period flow capacity, making it ideal for women who have had children and people with a heavier flow.
Curious about your size? Take our quiz to uncover the most comfortable size for your body and lifestyle. If you're still worried about choosing the right size, know that we have a 90-day guarantee. What that means is that if you're not 100% satisfied with Casco Cup, you can return it, no questions asked.
Up to 12-Hours of Protection
Swim, run, work or sleep for up to 12 hours with Casco Cup. Not only is it leak-free, but it's the best menstrual cup in terms of comfort. We've engineered our period cup from the softest silicone that forms to your body for maximum protection.
Guaranteed to Last 10+ Years
When you choose Casco Cup, you're choosing 10+ years of healthy and easy period protection. We believe that the best way to save our planet from unnecessary single-use plastic waste is to make sustainability easy and affordable. That's why we guarantee that your cup will last 10 years. In reality, it will probably last longer.
How much waste will you save our planet from when you use the best menstrual cup from Casco Cup? According to our careful calculations, one Casco Cup used for 10 years replaces a minimum of 2,400 tampons, most of which contain chemicals that leach into our earth and plastic applicators that take centuries to decompose. Mother Earth says thank you for choosing Casco Cup.
Includes the Best Menstrual Cup Case
Most brands just give you a cloth bag that gets dirty almost immediately. Not Casco Cup. Everyone who chooses us receives the best menstrual cup case on the market: the Aqua Case. Discreet, cute and made from our favorite color, the Aqua Case is the storage solution you didn't know you needed.
The Best Menstrual Cup Balances Firmness vs. Flexibility
When our engineering team was at the drawing board, we decided to design a feminine product that does two crucial things:
- It doesn't leak. That means that it has a sturdy design within the vaginal walls to create a seal.
- It feels like you aren't wearing anything at all. Some products are surprisingly unyielding, which makes them hard to insert and less comfortable than ours.
We combine soft, chafe-free silicone with a sturdy design to create the best menstrual cup in terms of comfort and protection. Where firmness meets flexibility.
How to Use a Menstrual Cup in 8 Steps
Want to try one but not sure where to start? Don't sweat it. Follow these easy steps to learn how to use a menstrual cup. Remember to wash your hands before and after.
- Clean, clean, clean. We recommend putting your period cup in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes before and after each cycle. The Casco Cup is made from 100% medical-grade silicone so it's designed to withstand boiling temperatures and be cleaned again and again.
- When it's clean and has cooled down, fold it into a shape that is comfortable to insert. We recommend the "C shape," which creates a small corner so knowing how to insert a menstrual cup is intuitive.
- Squat down and insert it.
- Double-check that it unfolded inside the vaginal canal. This is a great way to make sure it won't leak throughout the day or night. An unfolded period cup will revert back to its original shape.
- Wear for up to 12 hours. Casco Cup is great for sports, including swimming, running and hiking. You can also wear it throughout the night.
- When it's time to empty it, carefully remove your cup by gently squeezing its sides to break the seal. Many women suggest squatting and squeezing as if you were having a bowel movement. This helps it lower down so you can remove it more easily. Knowing how to remove a menstrual cup becomes easier over time.
- Empty its contents in the sink or toilet.
- If you can, rinse your cup prior to reinserting it.
Be Yourself with the Best Menstrual Cup
Focus on life beyond your period with Casco Cup, the best menstrual cup. Made from 100% medical-grade silicone in the beautiful state of Maine, this period cup sets the standard for comfortable, easy periods for bodies of all shapes and sizes.